Friday 11 May 2007

Bloody Big Boat

I was confronted by this awesome sight this morning. 'Pauline' passed Greenwich and anchored just a couple of hundred metres west of the pier. She was being pulled along by two tug boats. So, in fact, she was 'tugged' up the river.

I never realised the Thames was so deep. I never imagined seeing a vessel of this size this far up the river. I wonder what she was doing here?

I couldn't help thinking what a great houseboat she would make. Extreme open plan living. You could have several football pitches, a bowling alley, squash court, disco and large go-kart track all in your living room. You could even use the giant fog horn as your doorbell.

The heating bill would be astronomical and dusting would be a nightmare. I don't think I'll bother.

No comments: