Tuesday 29 May 2007

Babies Everywhere

There seem to be babies everywhere.

Maybe because I have a baby I notice it more, but spring really feels like spring this year. Albeit a bit late. The April showers are now May showers, there is a pidgeon roosting in our garden, goslings on the Thames and human babies popping out left, right and centre.

I may shave my winter beard off in celebration and really get into the spring of things. I want to eat asparagus, purple sprouting brocoli and rhubarb crumble. Maybe some lamb. Or baby sheep as they are called by, er, sheep.

I wonder if they'd let me fish off the back of the Thames Clipper? Like a Marlin fisherman, casting off the stern. I don't fancy I'd catch many Marlin though. Eel have to make do...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think babies are like minis, as soon as you buy a mini, you start to notice them everywhere. As for the canadian geese, certainly for me, whenever i go somewhere on holidays, i seem to encounter them in vastly increasing numbers. Special mention must go to the american geese who masquerade as canadians in the desperate hope of avoiding condemnation from other bird life...