Friday 13 April 2007

The Eggsassin

Whenever I travel past the lone house I always imagine living in it. It's my ideal house. It stands in perfect isolation, yet right in the centre of one of the biggest cities in the word. Plus it's close to The Angel Inn. And it's in a park. And it overlooks the Thames.

One day I will buy that house and I will paint it and I will moor a boat outside it. I will shoot cadbury's cream eggs using a catapult from the top window at yoofs playing in the park. I will become known as The Eggsassin, and I will speak to noone except the barman at The Angel Inn. I will always insist on sailing the 200 metres to and from the pub. I will be blissfully reclusive and have an anchor symbol on my doormat.

Yes, the boat journey often provokes these kinds of thoughts. Maybe I should get the DLR next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading The Secret River by Kate Grenville. Maps and charts the story of a poor Lighterman come convict. Dope out - like, a proper connection between the tidal dramas of the River Thames and the shores of the motherland Sydney.

Anonymous said...

across the river from the cutty sark is a building with brutish triangular roof. It's enormous.The guy built it himself and now lives there in the big interesting castle

check it out.

can you imagine yourself as the GRANDE EGGASSIN?

Anonymous said...

Only dickheads waste Cadbury's cream eggs.