Monday 30 July 2007

Sun Thing Wonderful

It finally seems as though summer has arrived after three long months of grey skies, rain and flooding. Greenwich shimmered this morning, bird's sang and people smiled.

What a difference the weather makes. This morning was the first morning in weeks that I have bothered to sit on the open deck and take in the sights and smells. I had been huddled away inside the boat with a paper and a warm coffee. This morning I reclined on the deck taking in huge nasal gulps of river air and all the light my pores could consume.

I feel a huge sense of excitment and anticpation. Like something wonderful is just about to happen.

3 comments:

Adharanand Finn said...

Don't you think it's a shame our moods are so dictated by the weather? I put it down to deep-rooted social conformity, and weather men ("it's going to be miserable today" they say, when it isn't, it's going to be raining). Spend a month in the desert and you'll dance with joy if it rains - it is not inherently miserable. Children love the rain as much as the sun, and we were all children once, so what happened.

Sorry, Ian, I know your sentiment was one of joy, but weather-dependent joy gets my goat warbling.

Anon said...

Don't get me wrong; I love all types of weather, but there comes a point when it has to change.

There's a time and a place for every type of weather and today it was the time for sun.

Anonymous said...

bollocks - rain is shit. FACT!

and don't let anyone tell you otherwise