Wednesday 27 June 2007

Me, Ken and The Immigrants.

I've always thought Ken's Den was a great building, it signified a move away from the terrible architecture of the 80's and 90's and back to a style that was well thought out, practical yet stunningly beautiful. It's a great position also - opposite the medieval Tower of London and next to the Victorian baroque Tower Bridge.

I like Red Ken and I think most people do. Except cabbies, but then they're amongst the most ignorant, right-wing reactionaries I've ever come across. I hate to generalise, but I'd say 6 out of 10 solo cab journey's elicit some kind of complaint about 'immigrants' or ' the blacks'. Although I've noticed 'Poles' are the new 'Blacks'. And it's usually Ken's fault that this 'glorious nation' has 'gone to pot'.

Well fuck off then and leave me, Ken and the immigrants to get on with the job of getting on together. And no, you're not getting a tip.

No comments: